Light Feet wines Privacy Statement
Information about our Organisation and Website
Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organisation like Light Feet Wines Pty Ltd. We are based in New South Wales, Australia.
|Organisation Name:||Light Feet Wines Pty Ltd|
|Address:||PO Box 172, MOOREBANK|
|City, State, Postcode:||Sydney, NSW 1875|
The Services and Links of our Websites
Our websites do not enable our visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others.
Automatic Collection of Information
Where consent is given, we may automatically log personal data or link information automatically logged with personal data about specific individuals. We do so for the following purposes:
- technical administration of the website
- research and development
- customer administration
- technical administration of the website
- research and development
- customer administration
Data Collection and Purpose Specification
We may collect personal data that you volunteer while using our services.
We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
To access the table of personal data collected and purposes for which they are used, please click here.
We do not collect or use personal data for any purpose other than that indicated in the table below.
Confidentiality / Security
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' personal data.
We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
How do we protect your information?
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Data is collected the following ways from this website:
- volunteered by each visitor
Data is not collected using any of these methods:
- collected from public records or bodies
- collected from private organisations
Data is collected for the following uses:
|Primary data||Technical Administration
of the Website
The following information is not sought or obtained:
- Personal details such as:
- Physical description
- Family characteristics
- Education and skills
- Life style or personal tastes
- Financial resources
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Health/Medical data
- Police/Justice data
- Identifiers such as:
- Financial identifiers
- identifiers assigned by Public bodies
- Biometrics identifiers
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
When you opt in to our eNewsletters by either subscribing through our Subscription page or checking the box to accept email marketing through our orders page, we store your given details using a third party website called Mailchimp.
Third Party associations
We use the following third party platforms and applications:
- Our eNewsletter platform Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/#3._Privacy_for_Contacts
- We use an application called Shopsync to connect our online store to our eNewsletter database https://shopsync.io/privacy-policy
- We also use Facebook and Instagram as sales channels selling platform https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- We use an application called Minmaxify to restrict minimum purchase amounts https://www.hulkapps.com/pages/privacy-policy
- We use an application called Secomapp to display a Quick view feature on our Collection pages https://www.secomapp.com/privacy-policy/
An exert from their website below
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information we receive about Contacts from our Members: A Member may provide Personal Information about you to us through the Service. When a Member uploads their Distribution List or integrates the Service with another website or service (for example, when a Member chooses to connect their e-commerce account with Mailchimp), or when you sign up for a Member’s Distribution List on a Mailchimp or other signup form, the Member may provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address, or telephone number. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email you receive from a Member.
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Service, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms, and third-party data providers.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you in reliance on our (and where applicable, our Members’) legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Service. For example, this may include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our Service or to make certain features of the Service available to our Members. When we share Personal Information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information in a manner that is consistent with applicable privacy laws. For further information about how we share information, refer to Section 5 below.
- To perform data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Mailchimp accounts, including your Personal Information, to provide and improve the Service. We use information, like your purchase history, provided to us by Members, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. For example, we use data from Mailchimp accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for our Members. If you prefer your data not to be used in this manner, you can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by completing this form or emailing us at email@example.com.
- To carry out other business purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
C. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our third-party partners may use various technologies to automatically collect and store certain device and usage information (as discussed above) when you interact with a Member’s email campaign or connected store, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons or if a Member is using our Mobile App, we may collect this information through our SDKs deployed on our Members mobile device. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send on behalf of our Members. When you receive and engage with a Member’s campaign, web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the Mailchimp platform was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. Both web beacons and SDKs allow us to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type, and other similar data as further described above. We use this information to measure the performance of our Members’ email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Service, and for the other purposes described above.
D. Your Data Protection Rights
Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- For more information about how you can exercise these rights, please see our Data Subject Requests form. You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
As described above, for much of the Personal Information we collect and process about Contacts through the Service, we act as a processor on behalf of our Members. In such cases, if you are a Contact and want to exercise any data protection rights that may be available to you under applicable law or have questions or concerns about how your Personal Information is handled by Mailchimp as a processor on behalf of our individual Members, you should contact the relevant Member that is using the Mailchimp Service, and refer to their separate privacy policies.
If you no longer want to be contacted by one of our Members through our Service, please unsubscribe directly from that Member’s newsletter or contact the Member directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us directly, we may either forward your request to the relevant Member or provide you with the identity of the Member to enable you to contact them directly.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
To sync your data from Mailchimp to our Shopify store we also use a Third party application call Shopsync.
For more details see here: https://shopsync.io/privacy-policy
An exert from their website below:
The ShopSync application does not collect or store any of your personal information. Our application provides a means to securely synchronize your information between MailChimp and Shopify. Your information is not stored as a part of transfer process.
The ShopSync application synchronizes information between Shopify and Mailchimp. The synchronization process requires transfer of information over a secure connection to servers hosted by Amazon Web Services in the United States. During the transfer the information remains encrypted. Your information is not stored or retained by ShopSync after the synchronization takes place.
Shopsync offers the use of a secure server. All information synchronized between Shopify and Mailchimp is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and all transferred information remains encrypted during the synchronization process. After a synchronization, the information synchronized will not be stored on our servers.
Facebook and Instagram Sales Channels
We use facebook and Instagram as an additional Sales channel.
Order Limits - Minmaxify
We use Minmaxify to restrict limits on purchasing restrictions in terms of quantities and multiples.
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers Paypal), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Mailchimp (eNewsletter service), Shopsync (syncs Mailchimp with Shopify), Minmaxify (an app that restricts minimum purchase amount), Facebook and Instagram sales channels.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected:
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 (in Australia). We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We also use Mailchimp (eNewsletter service), Shopsync (syncs Mailchimp with Shopify), Minmaxify (an app that restricts minimum purchase amount), Facebook and Instagram sales channels.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO/DO NOT] engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Light Feet Wines, PO Box 172, MOOREBANK, Sydney NSW 1875, Australia
Last updated: 7/11/2020
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: